Understanding your IT investment
An IT audit performed by our London team puts you in the best possible position to improve the effectiveness of your IT function.
- Identify risks
- Discover opportunities for cost-saving
- Streamline your processes
It can be very easy to lose control over your firm’s use of technology. For example, obsolete hardware and infrastructure can build up, policies can become outdated and long-standing supplier relationships can lose focus and stop providing significant benefits to your organisation. ITD’s London-based consultants can perform a comprehensive review of your IT environment and provide detailed recommendations to improve, update and save on extraneous costs.
Recommendations to improve
Firstly, we will review your IT provision, from service and support to cabling and anti-virus protection and everything in between. We work closely with you to understand your business and assess the key requirements, then present our findings in a detailed IT audit report.
Our report will make recommendations so that you can improve the benefits that technology gives your company. We want things to be easy, so we will put the recommendations in order of priority and make sure they are all designed to make your service more reliable, more robust and more cost-effective.
A detailed review
Our in-depth review looks at the following areas:
- Support. Are you getting your money’s worth from your IT help desk? We will review the service level agreement with your current supplier and break down the costs. We’ll also look into the quality of management information that is reported back to you.
- Software. Is your software fit for purpose? We’ll look at operating systems and more, for instance, we can review licensing agreements.
- Infrastructure. Is your infrastructure robust? We will inventory your applications and systems and review your communications infrastructure.
- Access controls. Are your systems secure? Is your data stored in a secure place, only accessible by authorised staff? Our team will look at security around your server, data cabling and communication links. We will also examine your network security to make sure you are protected from outside threats. We consider everything from your anti-virus to whether the right people hold system passwords.
- Business Continuity. Do you have a robust disaster recovery plan to protect your business when the worst happens? We can test and review any plan that you already have in place or make specific recommendations if you don’t have one.
- IT policies. Are your data protection and IT security policies up to date and up to scratch? We will review your policies on portable media (laptops, tablets, smartphones etc. with access to company information), user passwords, joiners/leavers access procedures and how you review these policies.
- Suppliers. Are you getting the best support from your current technology service providers? We will evaluate your contracts, terms and the actual service you are receiving to ensure value for money and quality of service.
- People. Do your in-house IT staff have the right skills and experience? We will review the organisation and management of your IT function.
If you feel like technology is not under control or not supporting your business, why not give our London office a call today to see how our audit could save you money and improve your business. Call our sales team on 020 7648 4866 or Contact Us.